Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Reporting on Dickson (HD-6), Ashe (HD-56), & Gardner (HD-57)

Representative Tom Dickson, District 6, wrote:
Depending on wording of the bill it is possible I would support such a bill.
I responded, Can you elaborate as to what wording would persuade you to vote for such legislation? I have yet to hear from Rep Dickson; therefore, I will follow-up with a letter. Contact Rep Dickson at tom.dickson@house.ga.gov; let him know how you feel about discrimination.



Representative Kathy Ashe, District 56, wrote:
You can be certain that my vote would be NO! Thanks for alerting me that it is rumored to be coming. I’ll keep my eyes and ears open. Please keep me informed as you hear more.
Rep Ashe has always proven herself as an ally LGBT community, so her response is not a surprise. Please send her a thank you at kathyashe56@mindspring.com.





Representative Pat Gardner, District 57, wrote:
Thank you for contacting me about the potential of a ban on gay adoptions. You can count on me to find ways to make sure such legislation doesn’t pass but I am only one vote. Who is your Senator and Rep? Be sure they hear from you.
This message also came as no surprise since Rep Gardner has always been an ally to the LGBT community. In addition, Rep Gardner followed up to find out how her peers are responding. Take a moment to thank Rep Gardner at pat@patgardner.org.

No comments: